International unlicensed name:
Recombinant human INTERLEUKIN-2
Roncoleukin® - recombinant interleukin-2 (rIL-2) - is a structural and functional analogue of endogenous human interleukin-2. Roncoleukin® is isolated from cells of non-pathogenic brewer’s yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae containing gene of human interleukin-2 (IL-2).
· recombinant interleukin-2 (rIL-2);
· sodium dodecyl sulphate (SDS) – solubilizer;
· D-mannit (stabilizer);
· dithio treitol (reduction agent).
Pharmacological group – 6.5. Immune modulators.
· Roncoleukin® restores synthesis of endogenous interleukin-2 by activated CD4+ and CD8+ cells. Compensates deficit of endogenous of interleukin-2.
· Roncoleukin® acts on cells-targets: NK-cells, T-helpers, cytotoxic T-lymphocytes, B-lymphocytes, monocytes, being for them factor of activation, proliferation and differentiation.
· Roncoleukin® regulates Th1/Th2 balance.
· Roncoleukin® abolishes immune tolerance, preserves activated T-cells from untimely death.
· Roncoleukin® performs regulation and cooperation of mechanisms of inherent and acquired immunity.
· Roncoleukin® stimulates realization of antigen-dependent and independent immune response, acts on cellular and humoral immunity.
Roncoleukin® possesses anti-neoplastic and anti-infectious activity, activates processes of tissue reparation and regeneration, promotes adequate interaction of immune, endocrine and nervous systems.
At intravenous infusion it has been noticed quick growth of IL-2 concentration in plasma, its half-life period in serum is 5-7 minutes. In subcutaneous infusion the half-life period is increased three times. Elimination is performed through kidneys by proteolysis until separate amino acids.
POSSIBILITIES OF RONCOLEUKIN® IN THE VETERINARY SCIENCE
It is recommended to use Roncoleukin® in the veterinary practice for curing mammals (pets, horses, cattle, small cattle, swine, rodents and others), birds, reptilians and fish.
Roncoleukin® is used in the form of mono-therapy or as a component of complex therapy for animals of various diseases and conditions:
- pyoinflammatory diseases;
- infection diseases:
- skin diseases:
- diseases of eyes:
- diseases of mouth cavity:
- respiratory diseases:
- diseases of the digestive tract:
- hereditary diseases:
- adjuvant vaccine;
- violation of mineral metabolism;